Summer is now over, although the sun is occasionally poking out through the clouds. The football season has started, but so has autumn, London's worst season.
🤓 What I've been doing
• After getting my bike, I’ve learnt to love cycling around London. I’m convinced there’s no better way to get around the city than to cycle. And yes, it is safe.
• Finalising a couple of new updates to Nearly - private threads and a much requested feature, photos.
• I've picked up BJJ again and although my flexibility and mobility still aren't great, I'm having a blast.
• Reminding myself how to navigate the London dating market. The abundance only makes it more difficult.
📚 What I've been reading
• The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, Edmund Morris - this is a thicc boi, but boi is it is good. Teddy has become a dream dinner party guest thanks to his ebullience, vitality and principles. Unfortunately, he died 104 years ago.
““It is not often that a man can make opportunities for himself. But he can put himself in such shape that when or if the opportunities come he is ready to take advantage of them.””
🔮 What's coming up
• I've realised that my thinking has become murky. Clouded. So I'm making an effort to write more to achieve clearer thinking.
• In October, I head to Princeton, New Jersey to visit a friend and then NYC to spend a week there. So in preparation for that, I'm having a quiet few weeks.